CHP203: The Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) confirmed that acrylamide is a carcinogenic substance and that current levels of dietary exposure: Chemistry for the Health Professions Assignment, TUA, Australia
|University||Torrens University Australia (TUA)|
|Subject||Chemistry for the Health Professions|
Case Study (Acrylamide)
Last week, the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) confirmed that acrylamide is a carcinogenic substance and that current levels of dietary exposure to acrylamide indicate a concern with respect to the carcinogenic effects. FSANZ stated that the levels of acrylamide should not exceed more than 500 parts per billion (ppb, mg/kg) in a wide range of cooked foods. This includes staple foods like breakfast cereals and fried potatoes.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Address the following based on this case study:
1. Discuss the general characteristics of acrylamide, inclusive of chemical structure, formation, occurrence, and possible aroma and flavor attributes.
2. Describe the chemical reactions that acrylamide participates in and their potential impact on health.
3. Describe in detail, an analytical method that is applicable to the analysis of acrylamide.
4. Identify two possible approaches that will reduce the formation of acrylamide in a product of your choice mentioned in the case scenario and identify possible sensorial changes that will occur.
5. Indicate and justify the measures that must be in place during the production process that will help monitor acrylamide levels.
6. Discuss the challenges associated with when a well-known food product needs to be adapted to new food regulations.
Plan how you will structure your ideas for your response to the case study above and write a plan before you start writing your response to the case study.
You must ensure that your case study response includes the following components:
• Discussion of general characteristics and chemical reactions
• Description of analytical method
• Identification of strategies to reduce, potential sensorial changes and measures to monitor levels
• Discussion of challenges in adapting to new food regulations
Please refer to the Assessment Rubric for the assessment criteria.
Report Format and Layout
• The report should use the Arial or Calibri font in 11 points, with 1.5 line spacing for ease of reading and page numbers on the bottom of each page.
• Where diagrams or tables are used, due attention should be given to pagination to avoid loss of meaning and continuity by unnecessarily splitting information over two pages. Diagrams must carry the appropriate labeling, titles, and references as required.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- BSBADM502: Organise an agenda for this meeting Ensure that it is in the correct style and structure for this meeting: Manage meetings Casestudy, AU, Australia
- CPCCBC4003A: Part 1 requires you to select the building contract that is appropriate for the residential project provided: Select and prepare a construction contract Assignment, VU, Australia
- CHCLEG001: Name The Four Documents Which Make Up The Guide For Your Legal Requirements: Work Legally And Ethically Assignment, VU, Australia
- PUBH6034: Look up the Ten characteristics of a Servant Leader for practitioners in the chapter: Leadership and new public health Essay, CU, Australia
- BSBWRT301: List Five Questions That You Would Ask When Determining The Key Points For A Document: Write Simple Documents Assignment, VU, Australia
- Human Resources Assignment for Australia University
- ICTPRG302: determine client problems by questioning or other techniques and record and prioritize client support activities: Apply introductory programming techniques Assignment, ACA, Australia
- Crosss Cultural Influences and Change- Assignment 2
- Finance Assessment Task – University of Australia
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions (MRFD Assignments UK)