SITXFIN003: You are an Operations Manager with Marino Enterprises and oversee the operations for six of the venues. John Marino has asked you to monitor and review specific budget: Manage Finances within a Budget Assignment, WSU, Australia
|Western Sydney University (WSU)
|SITXFIN003: Manage Finances Within a Budget
You are an Operations Manager with Marino Enterprises and oversee the operations for six of the venues. John Marino has asked you to monitor and review specific budget figures for two businesses as presented below and present an analysis of their meaning for the organization.
The management team is keen to identify issues that need to be addressed based on an analysis and review of the budget data in order to optimize the viability of the business while retaining market share, market position, and high product and service standards.
Use a spreadsheet program to calculate and facilitate the development of final figures for Property 1 as follows:
- Calculate the dollar deviations for room sales, food sales, liquor sales, wages, rent, and overheads.
- Calculate the percentage deviations for room sales, food sales, liquor sales, wages, rent, and overheads.
- Indicate if the identified deviations are positive or negative.
Use a spreadsheet program to calculate and facilitate the development of final figures for Property 2 as follows:
- Total the budgeted and actual sales for the 6 months.
- Calculate the dollar deviations for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate the percentage deviations for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate year-to-date budgeted totals for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate year-to-date actual totals for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate the dollar deviations for YTD figures on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate the percentage deviations for YTD figures on a month-by-month basis.
Property 1 suggests four possible causes for the variation in room sales.
Property 1 suggests four possible ways to manage the variation in room sales.
Identify four possible causes of the results for food sales in Property 1.
There is no need for you to investigate the ‘wages’ deviance: why might this be so?
In late June Property 1 undertook a major advertising campaign that had been factored into budgets for July: given the actual results for July, what action might you suggest to management?
Why would you want to conduct a major investigation into sales for September?
The organization has found out that other businesses in the chain had shown a 6% positive variation in actual sales against budgeted revenue figures: list three suggestions on what might you do about this?
How might you research internal factors impacting the figures you have been given? Give three suggestions.
What could you do to research external factors impacting the figures you have been given? Give five suggestions.
List five internal source documents that you would need to refer to in order to determine profit performance for the food and beverage areas.
Which colleagues and managers might you need to share these findings with? Give five suggestions.
You briefly consider reducing staff numbers as a way of improving profit but reject the idea: what reasons might be behind this thinking?
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
At Australia Assignment Help we provide finance assignment help if you are looking for an affordable, reliable, genuine website to complete your SITXFIN003: Manage Finances Within a Budget assessment at a low price. our experienced writers are available round the clock to provide top-quality essay writing, report writing, coursework writing, research paper, etc at a most reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- H5030: The Company Ceylon Textile Suppliers (CTS) An Australian Owned Organization: Business Systems Analysis And Design Assignment, VU, Australia
- SITHKOP001: This cluster of units describes the performance outcomes, skills, and knowledge required to use a range of cookery skills: Clean Kitchen Premises and Equipment Assignment, APC, Australia
- Which Gricean maxims of conversation have been violated by the passages in bold: Linguistic Assignment, UOS, Australia
- ECON 2300: It is argued that output may be endogenous: Introductory Econometrics Assignments, VU, Australia
- Abhishek: Did you hear what Professor X said during question time? Felicia: No, why: Linguistics Assignment, UOS, Australia
- HI5019 STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS T- Holmes Institute Australia
- Have you been involved in a cross-cultural misunderstanding with anyone, or experienced a difficult situation that stemmed from diversity: Equality and Diversity Assignment, CPD, Australia
- Crosss Cultural Influences and Change- Assignment 2
- HLTENN010: After Reading Williams’s Story In Your Subject Topics And Using The Palliative Needs: Apply A Palliative Approach In Nursing Practice Assignment, UON, Australia
- An Initial Design Calculation Is To Be Undertaken For A Large Refrigeration Plant: Thermal Engineering Assignment, SU, Australia