NRSG635: You are a new graduate nurse working in a surgical ward You have been there for one month and have been administering medications safely:Nursing Essay, ACU, Australia
|University||Australian Catholic University ACU|
Scenario part 1:
You are a new graduate nurse working in a surgical ward. You have been there for one month and have been administering medications safely during this time. Today the shift is busy and you feel rushed to complete the medications for your assigned patients. At the completion of the 08:00 medication round, you realize that you have made an error. You have administered the incorrect medication to one of the patients in your care. The nurse educator is concerned with your competence in medication management, and you feel stressed about the ramifications of your error. You are looking to them for guidance and support.
Question 1: Identify and discuss the attributes of an effective clinical leader and how might an effective leader impact the scenario. In your answer, you must link the literature to leadership theory.
Scenario part 2: The team leader then asks you to take over the complex care of a patient. You are less confident and unsure of your competence and ability to provide safe quality care for the patient, especially in light of your recent medication error.
Question 2: Identify and discuss strategies that you could use to approach this situation. In your answer relate your discussion to the Clinical Performance and Effectiveness Standard in the National Safety and Quality Health Services Standards second edition (2021), in the reference list.
Scenario part 3: The ward you are working on does not have a culture of person-centered care. You notice this within your first 6 months as a new graduate nurse and feel it’s important to bring it to the NUMs attention. You organize a meeting with your NUM to discuss.
Question 3: Identify and discuss person-centered care and how this approach might be implemented on the ward. Identify and discuss barriers to implementing this initiative.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Need someone to write my essay for me on NRSG635: Nursing then don't stress. At Australia Assignment Help We have a skilled team of experts that are familiar with all the referencing formats such as MLA, APA, Harvard, Oxford, Chicago, Vancouver, Turabian, or any other. Our essay writers assure you to provide custom essay papers on nursing assignments before the deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- HLTAAP001: From your knowledge and any other research, create and attach a flow diagram to demonstrate: Recognise Healthy Body Systems Coursework, VU, Australia
- MKT525: Analyze the Current Market Situation for Your Organizations Using the PESTLE and SWOT frameworks: Digital and Social Media Marketing Assignment, CSU, Australia
- CPCCBC4003A: Bob Considers Using A Fixed Price/Lump Sum Contract: Select And Prepare A Construction Contract Case Study, FU, Australia
- ENG120: Discuss The Significance Of This Passage In Relation To The Main Narrative: English Essay, USA, Australia
- Is the offense of causing serious harm in South Australia outdated in relation to harm that is consensual between two adults: Criminal Law and Procedure Research Paper, UON, Australia
- A Critical Analysis Of The Concept Of The Guest Experience In The Academic Literature: Guest Experience Assignment, TU, Australia
- NUR241:Effectively use drug information resources to ensure safe medication management practices: Safety and Quality in Medication Management Assignment, UTAS, Australia
- BSBDIV501: Review Your Existing Diversity Policy In The Workplace: Manage Workplace Diversity Assignment, HI, Australia
- ICTPRG302: determine client problems by questioning or other techniques and record and prioritize client support activities: Apply introductory programming techniques Assignment, ACA, Australia
- BB104: One Of Your Friends Sammy Is About To Prepare The 31 March Balance Sheet: Introductory Accounting Assignment, MU, Australia