Thousands Of Elderly People In The Aged Care And Health Sector Become Extremely Ill: Critical Review Of Audits In Aged Care Essay, USA, Australia
|Subject||Critical Review Of Audits In Aged Care|
Thousands of elderly people in the Aged Care and Health Sector become extremely ill or even pass away every day in Australia from infections while receiving health care. This essay will endeavor to critically review the use of audits with the aged care, the importance of hand hygiene, and the use of alcohol sanitizers by Health care workers (HCW) The HCW’s are educated on the 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene that has been designed to minimize the risk of transmission of microorganisms between healthcare worker, the patient, and the environment.
1. The 5 moments of hand hygiene as put forward by the (World Health Organisation. 2019) are
2. Before making contact any contact with the patient.
3. Before completing any hygiene or Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s).
4. Before and after a procedure that is an exposure risk to body fluid by the staff member.
5. Complete hand hygiene when leaving the patient’s room.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Good hand hygiene is one of the most effective means of reducing Healthcare related infection. However auditing compliance by HCW with recommended techniques and frequencies when audited remains low (Department of Health, & Human Services. 2020). These issues may be due to time restraints, skin integrity, physical and emotional recourses’ and the absence of experienced staff as role models within the facility, which have been identified as barriers to compliance with completing hand hygiene. (Department of Health & Human Services, 2020). Although there has been a vast improvement in compliance by HCW hand hygiene with the increased availability of hand sanitizers, in the hallway and patient bedrooms, long with regular education sessions, and observation auditing. (Bendigo Health 2020).
The purpose of education by the ICP champions on hand hygiene is to provide a clear direction on procedures to be followed when completing this task. Observational audits are to be completed three times a year and the target for compliance is 80% this is set by the HHA in 2018. There is no limit on the number of times a single HCW can be observed, each audit session should be a minimum of 20 min, more than one session is often required to achieve the required numbers of observations needed for the audit. Alternative sessions are often needed to be undertaken at different times and dates to complete scheduled audits.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Australia Assignment Help is one of the best online nursing assignment writing service providers in Australia. We are the first choice of many students not just in Australia but in other countries as well in providing the best assignment help. Our team of essay writing experts in the Critical Review Of Audits In Aged Care essay has a deep knowledge and understanding of the subject to produce quality solutions.
Recent Solved Questions
- The Middle Years Of Schooling Focuses On Young Adolescent Learners: Teaching Assignment, DU, Australia
- A Critical Analysis Of The Concept Of The Guest Experience In The Academic Literature: Guest Experience Assignment, TU, Australia
- SITHCCC007: List the Food Safety Aspects Which must be Considered During the Production of Soups Stocks: Prepare Stocks, Sauces and Soups Assignment, VU, Australia
- ACCT5001: Look into the Annual Report/ Sustainability Report and Comment on What Rio Tinto Contribution is to SDG’s: Foundation in Accounting Report, UOS
- ECON30029: A Corollary Of The Policy Trilemma Is That To Have An Independent Monetary: International Macroeconomics, MU, Australia
- OMAS110: Show by Calculating the Product AC that C is the Inverse Matrix of A: Fundamentals of Mathematics Assignment, OU, Australia
- SITXFIN003: List 8 Examples For Financial Records: Manage Finances Within A Budget Assignment. VU, Australia
- Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Disclosure – Sunway College
- HI5019-Strategic Information System Tutorial Solution
- CHCDIV001: Danielle is the practice manager of a large dental practice in the city She is the only female staff member at management level: Work with diverse people Assignment, Australia