IRHR2010 Introduction to Industrial Relations – PBL 1: Advising the Always Healthy Club
The Always Healthy Club (AHC) is a registered club doing business on the Central Coast, New South Wales. AHC advocates wellness and provides members and guests an array of services such as yoga classes, exercise equipment, a steam room, a swimming pool, a tennis court, including food and drinks. It has more than 70 employees, some of whom are full-time and part-time permanents while a few are on fixed-term contracts. But most are the casual staff.
A small number of them are members of United Voice and Australian Workers’ Union, two trade unions operating in AHC’s industry. The United Voice’s local Organiser is Sarah Masters who come to AHC regularly because of apprehensions about non-payment of penalty rates in the industry.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
The Director of AHC is Carol Heathe. Carol is quite concerned about casual staff turnover, which is much higher than the industry average. Recruitment has become particularly challenging and costly, not to mention the impact on service quality, and workplace productivity in the long run.
Carol has recently taken up her role in AHC. Though she sees herself as a reasonably experienced professional, she is laboring over how to communicate with the staff about issues affecting them. But she needs to gain a deeper understanding of the predicament and how to go about sorting it out.
Your task is to prepare advice for Carol (in the form of a report) about how to examine the causes of the staff turnover dilemma in AHC, and determine potential solutions. More specifically, she would like you to tackle the following questions:
1. How should Carol collect information and establish possible causes of her turnover problem?
2. What are two of the most likely causes of these problems?
3. Based on your research and analysis, what possible solutions could you recommend to Carol to remedy the situation?
Get Help By Expert
AustraliaAssignmentHelp.online is here offering its industrial relations assignment writings for all college or university students in Australia. We have a team of prominent masters and Ph.D. writers that take care of all your academic instructions and requirements. To receive excellent homework help in Australia at a low price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BIZ104: Compare And Contrast The Emerging Concepts And Practices That Underpin: Customer Experience Management Assignment, RMIT, Australia
- CHCDIV001: In Your Own Words Briefly Discuss Cultural Awareness Cultural Safety And Cultural Competence: Work With Diverse People Assignment, VU, Australia
- The purpose of this assignment is for you to critically consider your own life experience growing: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education Essay, DU, Australia
- COU102A: You have studied various modalities in this subject Person-Centered, Existential, Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Cognitive-Behavioral, and others: Theories of Counselling Assignment, TUA, Australia
- Produce a Report on a Specific Case of Visual Processing Gone Wrong: Psychology-Perception Assignment, DU, Australia
- CHCDIS001: How can you avoid making a client/disabled person feel vulnerable and powerless assessment processes relating to ongoing skills development: Communicate Case study, UQ, Australia
- Assume That The Audience For Your Presentation Is A Diverse Group: Marketing Assignment, DU, Australia
- Sarah Smith, an 82-years-old female, has been admitted to the cardiology ward, diagnosed with unstable angina: Nursing Case Study, DK, Australia
- SITHKOP005: You will be observed coordinating cooking operations using 2 different food production processes: Coordinate cooking operations Assignment, VU, Australia
- Huawei: How Can We Lead the Way?