Implementation Of The SFSF Program Is Broadly Similar Across Most Sites: Health Assignment, VU, Australia
|Victoria University [VU]
Implementation of the SFSF programme is broadly similar across most sites. Most organisations reported delivering an effective programme that engaged the community and delivered outcomes to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men and communities. A few organisations reported difficulties in implementing the programme, mainly because they could not recruit staff and/or participants. Implementation of SFSF in one site was hampered by systemic organisation-wide issues.
SFSF organisations had similar aims, which involved using education initiatives, health services/health promotion, social and cultural opportunities and community events to highlight the important role of men in the lives of children. Specifically, organisations were seeking to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men to adopt healthy lifestyles, be an important role model and play an active role in the physical, social and cultural development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
Most organisations were implementing a range of activities and events as part of the SFSF programme. The types of events and activities provided include:
1. Education courses/workshops on topics such as parenting, early childhood development, alcohol and drugs, violence and family relationships
2. Health services and checks which were followed up where appropriate with referrals to other services
3. Health promotion through activities such as cooking classes, gym sessions and gardening
4. Men’s groups and yarning sessions
5. Cultural camps which incorporated traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and promotion of health messages
6. Community-wide events such as barbeques and community fun days.
In addition to group events, many SFSF Coordinators had adopted a case management role that involved providing one-on-one support to men to assist them to overcome a range of issues so they could participate in and benefit from the programme.
Get Help By Expert
Our expert Australian assignment writers cover each and every topic in health assignments that is provided to the students. Our team of assignment experts possesses a comprehensive understanding of Health Care therefore they will write superior quality assignments for students at a very cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- SITHKOP005: This Log Shall Be Used To Document The Coordination Of Cooking Operations: Coordinate Cooking Operations Assignment, VU, Australia
- Describe How Cigarette Smoke Influences The Type And Number Of Mutations Present: Cellular Biology Assignment, DU, Australia
- Have you been involved in a cross-cultural misunderstanding with anyone, or experienced a difficult situation that stemmed from diversity: Equality and Diversity Assignment, CPD, Australia
- SIT40516: Explain what is meant by the term ‘diversity management and Provide five reasons why diversity is valued in organizations today: Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery Homework, AU, Australia
- SITXMGT001: Explain The Purpose Of A Work Schedule And Why It Is Important: Monitor Work Operations Assignment, VU, Australia
- 2105AFE: Felon Tusk is the CEO of Limber Timber Pty Ltd, a company engaged in the supply to wholesalers and retailers of hardwood and softwood timber: Introduction to Business Law Assignment, GU, Australia
- Define The Term Motivation Is Motivation Individual Or Shared: Self Esteem Assignment, QU, Australia
- BSBMKG541: You are advised to complete this section of your marketing plan last. You might include a brief overview of your products: Evaluate Marketing Opportunities Assignment, FU, Australia
- MEC2402: An aluminum solid round bar is clamped at one end and loaded in torsion at the other end. The loaded end of the bar is constrained: Stress Analysis Report, USQ, Australia
- Using An Entrepreneurial Venture You Wish To Start: Entrepreneurship Assignment, RMIT, Australia